Thursday, September 1, 2011

Kevin Meets Kangaroos

Naturally, it was highly necessary for K to commune with the Kangaroos whilst visiting Australia. Thus, another trek to Caversham!

Bird Brains
K pets an emu!
(for the record, emus have that same insane look in their eyes as ravens do. Scary.)
Saying someone is "mad as a kookaburra" is a common aussie slang phrase in the Outback Saga romance novel I'm currently reading...
Stilts are the silliest birds because they have pink drinking straws for legs! XD
I'm pretty sure this Kori Bustard is an scary alien dinosaur from the weird growly sounds it makes...
(Also, K is sometimes bad at this whole "the horizon is horizontal" thing)




Mammals....
Fruit bats are the size of my cats, for goodness' sake!
WOMBAT :D
SO FAT.
Sam the Adorable Dingo!
Wallaby says gtfo!


Koalas! They Actually Come in "Awake" Versions??
om nom eucalyptus nom
K snuggles with Karen the Koala!
M keeps her eye on Karen because she's seen too many Simpsons episodes...
Koalas can walk?!?

Finally, the roos!
K cautiously approached this strange sleepy creature.... Just as you have to with Max in the mornings.
Little roo eats from Kevin's hands! So cute!
Little roo takes a rest from the difficult job of being adorable all day for tourists.
Bebeh roo completely asleep! IT WAS SO SOFT AND ADORABLE BEYOND ALL REASON.
Seriously. RIDICULOUSLY cute. XD
Somebody is hungry.
Great Scot, it's a mob of roos! Sleepy, sleepy roos....
They really have a difficult life.

Kangaroo say whaaaat!

1 comment:

  1. I resent the horizontal statement! Those chain-link fences are hard to picture take through! That was the best trip, cause I got to pet the Kangaroos, which I now have a hat of (Yes I know I shouldn't end a sentence with a preposition, but I just did!). I am so happy I got to go to Australia and am just waiting to go back. Mehdi wants to go to the East coast (Hmm.... Can you say "Here I go again ;)"). Also I need to see my family in Brisbane because I didn't get to while waiting for my flight.

    ReplyDelete