Wednesday, October 17, 2012

It Turns Out That Cat Vomit is Bad for Laptops

.... And I am being forced to buy a new laptop. :/ Early Christmas, I suppose; my dear wonderful Asus was just beginning to get a teensy bit crotchety (showing a grey screen upon turning on instead of going to the password screen, requiring a reboot -or several- or just to go away and come back later).I'm hoping to get a very similar machine though; my Asus was exactly everything I ever needed and then some.
This does however, make me reconsider whether or not I want to also invest money into an additional more portable device, namely an iPod Touch. I've been without an iPod since mine bit the musical dust in Perth last year, and while I'm no longer missing it much, I did really value it on my train rides. And the Touch does hold that allure of hand-held Skype capability, emailing, maps, etc. It's going to be a tough call.

In the meantime, I've been enjoying my Southwest Studies class and learning some excellent New Mexican history and culture. Check out this wonderful site for some incredible photos and paintings from all eras. If you click on the "Folders and Image Groups" link, you can even find the images my professor gathered for my class under AMSTUD 186 L.Hall. Given my love of trains, I'm particularly keen on the Fred Harvey and Atchinson-Topeka-Santa Fe Railroad history.

No comments:

Post a Comment